Notes about the NC file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The NC file type is primarily associated with 'Numerical Control Machine Instructions'.
Detailed information for file extension NC:
Primary association: Numerical Control Machine Instructions
Other applications associated with file type NC:
- Geopath (Machine Part File) by SolutionWare Corporation
- Graphics File
- Mastercam (NC Programs) by CNC Software, Inc.Mastercam has solutions for milling, turning, wire EDM and design. This file is usually in the .\MILL6 folder. This association is classified as CAD/CAM.
- neatComponents(Content Management System)
- NetCDF (Network Common Data Form) by UnidataThe Network Common Data Form, or netCDF, is an interface to a library of data access functions for storing and retrieving data in the form of arrays. An array is an n-dimensional (where n is 0, 1, 2, ...) rectangular structure containing items which all have the same data type (e.g. 8-bit character, 32-bit integer). A scalar (simple single value) is a 0-dimensional array. To achieve network-transparency (machine-independence), netCDF is implemented in terms of XDR (eXternal Data Representation. The Mime types used with this association are: application/x-netcdf, text/x-cdf. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 43 44 46 , ASCII: CDF Related links: NetCDF Users Manual
- Preprosessed GOC SourceNon-error-checking (GEOS).
- Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom))
You are viewing 7 of 8 entries click this link to expand the remaining entries
- X-editor (Program for CNC Machines) by X-net ApS This association is classified as CAD/CAM.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.
To view technical data on file-extension NC click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
System Info for File Extension .NC
The following listing is compiled from the database produced by the 'Associate This!' program, selected data from the main FILExt database and information FILExt collected directly
from user systems.
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\Nova Development\Greeting Card Factory Express\grtgcard.exe %1
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\PowerArchiver\POWERARC.EXE %1