Notes about the R file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The R file type is primarily associated with 'Macintosh Resource Similar to RC'.
Detailed information for file extension R:
Primary association: Macintosh Resource Similar to RC
Other applications associated with file type R:
- Paradox File
- Pegasus Mail (Resource File) by David Harris
- Progress (Database Compiled Program File) by Progress Software Corporation
- Ratfor FORTRAN Preprocessor File,
Typically lower case on *nix systems.
This use is deemed obsolete now.
, Related links: FORTRAN Info Page
- REBOL (Script or Data File) by REBOL TechnologiesREBOL stands for Relative Expression Based Object Language. REBOL is pronounced "reb-ol" as in rebel yell. REBOL is a language for representing data and metadata. It provides a consistent architecture for computation, storage, and exchange of information. Both scripts and data files have the save file extension. This association is classified as Text. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: , ASCII: REBOL 
- Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom))
- Xcode (Core Rez Program) by Apple Inc.Xcode is a tool to help to create Mac OS X applications by assisting in the migration of code from other languages. This association is classified as Source Code.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other slowdown issues.
To view technical data on file-extension R click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe %L
EXEFile: E:\CodeWarrior\bin\IDE.EXE %1
Program Name and MIME Type Info for File Extension .R
FILExt has been given permission to display a Program Name/MIME type database collected by Anthony R. Nemmer. Some of this data has already been included into the main FILExt database. Those entries which have not yet been incorporated are displayed below.