Notes about the REF file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The REF file type is primarily associated with 'Ad-Aware' by Lavasoft. Ad-Aware provides protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. The extension is usually found with the file: REFLIST.REF.
Detailed information for file extension REF:
Hex: 50 1B 53 54 44 50 53 50 , ASCII: P.STDPSP
Other applications associated with file type REF:
- Atari ST Guide (Ref Links) The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 48 52 45 46 , ASCII: HREF
- Cross Reference
- Pro/ENGINEER (Temporary File) by PTCPro/ENGINEER is a 3D product design product, featuring productivity tools that promote best practices in design while ensuring compliance with your industry and company standards. These files appear and disappear at various times when using Pro/ENGINEER. They are part of what PTC collectively calls "turd" files and the display of them in the program can be turned off in the options.
- ReferBib (Document)ReferBib is for refer bibliographic databases. Related links: ReferBib Format
- Train Simulator (Object Reference File) by Microsoft CorporationA realistic experience of rail equipment brought to the PC - placing you in the cab of each detailed locomotive, with accurate, fully-functional gauges and working controls that you manipulate. Whether it's working the regulator on a steam engine or the air brake system on a modern diesel, you are in control.
- Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom))
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other slowdown issues.