Notes about the SMV file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The SMV file type is primarily associated with 'Cadence Symbolic Model Verifier File'.
Detailed information for file extension SMV:
Other applications associated with file type SMV:
- MATLAB by The MathWorks, Inc.MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages.
- Saved Mail Video
- SigmaTel (Motion Video) by SigmaTel Inc.SigmaTel Inc allows users to transform common PC video files and watch them on their portable multimedia players (PMP). The SigmaTel motion video (SMV) technology is available as an add-on feature for the company's STMP3500 software development kit (SDK). This association is classified as Video.
- Snes9x (Movie Capture Format) by The Snes9X Team,
SMV is the movie capture format of Snes9x, a SNES emulator.
SMV is not a multimedia file. It's only a recording of which buttons were pressed during the play. It does not contain image data or program code. This kind of recording is not portable between emulators, because different emulators have slightly different timings (and the file formats differ too), and the movies depend heavily on the timing.
, The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 53 4D 56 1A , ASCII: SMV Related links: What is SMV?, Converting SMV To AVI In Windows, SMV 1.43 File Format Description
- Streaming Mobile Video File Related links: Viewer
- VideoLink Mail (Video File) by Smith Micro SoftwareVideoLink Mail lets you put a face and voice to your e-mail messages.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.