Notes about the SMV file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The SMV file type is primarily associated with 'Cadence Symbolic Model Verifier File'.
Detailed information for file extension SMV:
Other applications associated with file type SMV:
- MATLAB by The MathWorks, Inc.MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages.
- Saved Mail Video
- SigmaTel (Motion Video) by SigmaTel Inc.SigmaTel Inc allows users to transform common PC video files and watch them on their portable multimedia players (PMP). The SigmaTel motion video (SMV) technology is available as an add-on feature for the company's STMP3500 software development kit (SDK). This association is classified as Video.
- Snes9x (Movie Capture Format) by The Snes9X Team,
SMV is the movie capture format of Snes9x, a SNES emulator.
SMV is not a multimedia file. It's only a recording of which buttons were pressed during the play. It does not contain image data or program code. This kind of recording is not portable between emulators, because different emulators have slightly different timings (and the file formats differ too), and the movies depend heavily on the timing.
, The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 53 4D 56 1A , ASCII: SMV Related links: What is SMV?, Converting SMV To AVI In Windows, SMV 1.43 File Format Description
- Streaming Mobile Video File Related links: Viewer
- VideoLink Mail (Video File) by Smith Micro SoftwareVideoLink Mail lets you put a face and voice to your e-mail messages.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Important: Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other slowdown issues.
To view technical data on file-extension SMV click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
System Info for File Extension .SMV
The following listing is compiled from the database produced by the 'Associate This!' program, selected data from the main FILExt database and information FILExt collected directly
from user systems.
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\QvodPlayer\QvodPlayer.exe -localfile