Notes about the W file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The W file type is primarily associated with 'Applause'. Ashton Tate Applause chart
Detailed information for file extension W:
Primary association: Applause
Other applications associated with file type W:
- Mozilla (Netscape) (Fill Form Data) by Mozilla.orgThe data are stored in a file with a number as the rootname and .W as the extension.
- Progress (Database AppBuilder Source Code) by Progress Software CorporationThis is an ASCII text file. However, any editing of this file should be done in the AppBuilder application. This association is classified as Source Code.
- Train Simulator (World File) by Microsoft CorporationA realistic experience of rail equipment brought to the PC - placing you in the cab of each detailed locomotive, with accurate, fully-functional gauges and working controls that you manipulate. Whether it's working the regulator on a steam engine or the air brake system on a modern diesel, you are in control.
- UNIX (Silvio Levi's CWEB)Typically lower case on *nix systems.
- Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom))
Important: Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other slowdown issues.
To view technical data on file-extension W click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
System Info for File Extension .W
The following listing is compiled from the database produced by the 'Associate This!' program, selected data from the main FILExt database and information FILExt collected directly
from user systems.
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\ACDSee32\ACDSee32.exe /v
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\FreshDevices\FreshView\fview.exe %1