Notes about the BIF file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The BIF file type is primarily associated with 'BioWare Infinity Engine' by BioWare Corp.. This is a simple archive format, used both to simplify organization of the files, as well as to group together entire areas. Some BIF files are grouped together because of common functionality; for instance, all the .DLG files are gathered together into a single BIF file in Planescape: Torment. Other BIF files, such as AR4800.BIF represent the entirety of an area's terrain (i.e. not its containers, actors, or items). The file is often indexed by .KEY file. The program WinBiff is a tool to extract data from these files. This file format is used by many different games. It sometimes comes with a .BIFF file extension.
Detailed information for file extension BIF:
File classification: Archive
Other applications associated with file type BIF:
- Baldur's Gate (Archive) Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Binary Information FileText file describing an image. This association is classified as Text.
- BioWare Aurora Engine (Resource File) by BioWare Corp.BioWare's games and tools make use of a very large number of files that are packed into a group of files having the .bif extension. The contents of the .bif files are described by one or more files having the .key extension.
- byLight (Graphic) This association is classified as Graphic. The Mime types used with this association are: image/x-biff, image/biff. Program ID: GraphicsConverterPro.bif Related links: XnView
- GroupWise (Initialization File) by Novell, Inc.GroupWise is collaboration and productivity software.
- Image Capture Board Binary Black & White Image
- MagicISO (Boot Information File) by MagicISO Inc.Extracted boot information from a bootable CD/DVD. MagicISO is an ISO CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool. It can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly make ISO files from your CD/DVD-ROM or hard disk. At the same time, you can maintain the ISO bootable information, thus creating your own bootable CD/DVDs.
You are viewing 7 of 11 entries click this link to expand the remaining entries
- Planescape: Torment ArchiveRelated links: Dragon UnPACKer
- TomTom (General Info) by TomTom International BV,
TomTom offers two types of products: navigation devices and navigation software for installation on mobile devices.
The navigation devices and portable devices with installed software are referred to as units.
, The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 5B 54 6F 6D 54 6F 6D , ASCII: [TomTomRelated links: Wikipedia TomTom Page
- UltraISO (Boot Information File) by EZB Systems, Inc.Extracted boot information from a bootable CD/DVD. UltraISO is an ISO CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool. It can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly make ISO files from your CD/DVD-ROM or hard disk. At the same time, you can maintain the ISO bootable information, thus creating your own bootable CD/DVDs.
- WordPerfect (Binary Information File) by Corel CorporationWordPerfect for Windows 6.x used a binary information file (BIF) for storing information. The BIF file was prone to becoming corrupted, and was less capable than the Windows 95 Registry, so starting with WordPerfect for Windows 7 under Win 95, WordPerfect itself no longer used the BIF file. Instead, it stored settings information in the Windows Registry. Later versions of PerfectScript still included commands to write to and read from a BIF file.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Important: Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other slowdown issues.