Notes about the RUN file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The RUN file type is primarily associated with 'AMOS' by Alpha Micro. RUN files: binary executable files from the AMOS operating system. RUN filex can be created using a BAS file (Basic program source code) and the compiler file COMPIL.LIT, that converts a .BAS file to a .RUN file. To use this file you need BASIC.LIT or BASICP.LIT. AMOS executables and interpreters (like Basic files using BRUN40.EXE in DOS or Java precompiled files using JVIEW.EXE OR WJVIEW.EXE in DOS or WINDOWS).
Detailed information for file extension RUN:
Primary association: AMOS
Other applications associated with file type RUN:
- ISAPI Loader (Current ISAPI Application) by EGGcentricThe isapi loader is an isapi application that loads and unloads another isapi application. The loader works by unloading the currently loaded isapi application and replacing it with a new isapi application. This involves a total of 3 files: *.run = the currently loaded isapi application, *.update = the new isapi application that will replace the old one, and *.backup = a copy of the old .run.
- PC Tools Script Tools ProgramBasically a batch file.
- Rune (Map) by Human Head StudiosRune is a computer game, made by Human Head Studios. It was released in late 2000. A standalone game/expansion was released in 2001, called Rune: Halls of Valhalla. This association is classified as Game. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: C1 83 2A 9E 45 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 , ASCII: * E Related links: Wikipedia Rune Page
- Runscanner (Automatic Startup Information File) by RunscannerRunscanner is a free windows system utility which scans your system for all configured running programs. You can use Runscanner to detect autostart programs, spyware, adware, homepage hijackers, unverified drivers and other problems. Users can use .RUN files to exchange autostart information to solve malware-related problems.
- Softworks Basic (Compiled Pseudo Code) by Softworks LimitedSoftworks Basic is an AlphaBasic compatible Basic Language. Its purpose is to provide an easy and quick method of moving programs written in AlphaBasic to other computer platforms. The .RUN file is output from the compiler.
- UNIX (Shell Installer Script)A program like makeself.sh is a small shell script that generates a self-extractable tar.gz archive from a directory. The resulting file appears as a shell script (many of those have a .run suffix), and can be launched as is. The archive will then uncompress itself to a temporary directory and an optional arbitrary command will be executed (for example an installation script). This is pretty similar to archives generated with WinZip Self-Extractor in the Windows world. Makeself archives also include checksums for integrity self-validation (CRC and/or MD5 checksums). This association is classified as Archive. Related links: makeself - Make self-extractable archives on Unix
- Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom))
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.