Notes about the BAM file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The BAM file type is primarily associated with 'Bob's Adlib Music'. BAM is acronym for Bob's Adlib Music. The BAM music format supports 9 channel FM sound in low memory DOS enviroments. Play using Winamp with the AdPlug plug-in.
Detailed information for file extension BAM:
Primary association: Bob's Adlib Music
File classification: Audio
Other applications associated with file type BAM:
- Bravo! (Archived Media) by Thought Studios, Inc.Bravo! is a way to create slide-shows, screen savers, and BAM files with your digital photos and music. Related links: Bravo! Player BAM File Player
- Infinity Game Engine (Animation and Multi-frame Graphics) by BioWare Corp. This association is classified as Game. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: , ASCII: BAM. Related links: Edit with BAMWorkshop
- Infinity Game Engine (Zlib Compressed Animation and Multi-frame Graphics) by BioWare Corp.Baldur's Gate 2 only. This association is classified as Game. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: , ASCII: BAMC Related links: Edit with BAMWorkshop
- OHRRPGCE (Music File) by Hamster RepublicOHRRPGCE stands for Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine. BAM is acronym for Bob's Adlib Music. The BAM music format supports 9 channel FM sound in low memory DOS enviroments. This association is classified as Audio.
- Panda3D Game Engine (Compressed Model Folder) by Panda3D Development TeamThis type of file with extension BAM can holds sounds, models, textures, maps, data, etc. for the application Panda3D. Panda3D is a 3D game engine: a library of subroutines for 3D rendering and game development. Game development with Panda3D usually consists of writing a Python or C++ program that controls the Panda3D library.
This association is classified as Game.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.