Notes about the IAF file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The IAF file type is primarily associated with 'IAFA'. IAFA has guidelines for documentation of public access FTP archives.
Detailed information for file extension IAF:
Primary association: IAFA
Other applications associated with file type IAF:
- Informer (Configuration) by DataconomyNews (RSS, RDF, KLIP, ATOM, ...) Feed reader arrangement configuration. This association is classified as XML.
- Outlook 97 and 2000 (E-mail Account Settings) by Microsoft Corporation The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 66 4D 41 49 00 00 , ASCII: fMAI
- Outlook Express (Account Settings) by Microsoft Corporation
- Quikscribe (Intelligent Audio File) by Quikscribe Pty LtdQuikscribe is a digital dictation/transcription system. It is capable of real-time non-destructive editing within a RICH audio file format called an Intelligent Audio File (IAF). This association is classified as Audio.
- Windows Live Mail (Contacts Database) by Microsoft CorporationWindows Live Mail is Microsoft's free E-mail program, with the familiar features of Outlook Express, plus more. FILExt does not presently know if these files can be interchanged with Outlook or not. Please send a note if you know. This association is classified as Database.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.