Notes about the MCL file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The MCL file type is primarily associated with 'Macro Command Language'. (Symbol handheld terminals)
Detailed information for file extension MCL:
Primary association: Macro Command Language
Other applications associated with file type MCL:
- MCell (Cellular Automaton Ffile) by Mirek Wojtowicz (Miroslaw Wójtowicz)Also used by MCLife. MCL is a Cellular Automata file format introduced with MCLife 1.20, and continued in MCell. It's an ASCII format combining both Life 1.05 and RLE and introducing extensions necessary to store all MCell features. This file type represents different colored squares on a grid that change according to specified rules. Also known as a Cellular Automaton or CA.
- MultiEdit Macro Library
- Multimedia Manager Collection File
- MUSHclient World Information File
- VectorWorks (Template) by Nemetschek This association is classified as Graphic.
- Windows Media Center (Application Link) by Microsoft CorporationMCL files are deprecated and their use is no longer recommended. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 3C 61 70 70 6C 69 63 61 74 69 6F 6E , ASCII: .application Related links: Microsoft Using MCL Files Page
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Important: Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other slowdown issues.
To view technical data on file-extension MCL click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
System Info for File Extension .MCL
The following listing is compiled from the database produced by the 'Associate This!' program, selected data from the main FILExt database and information FILExt collected directly
from user systems.
EXEFile: Y:\MCell\MCell.exe %1
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\MUSHCL~1\MUSHCL~1.EXE %1