Notes about the WAD file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The WAD file type is primarily associated with 'Game Archive'. The WAD file extension is often used for game archives. These are usually packages containing levels, graphics and other game data, and the term WAD is often used to refer to modified versions of these files. WAD stands for Where's All the Data? and the term generally started with the Doom series of games. There are two types of WADs: PWADs and IWADs. IWADs contain the data necessary to load the game, while PWADs contain additional data, such as new character sprites, as necessary for custom levels.
Detailed information for file extension WAD:
Primary association: Game Archive
File classification: Archive
Other applications associated with file type WAD:
- Doom (Game File) by Id Software, Inc.Doom is a computer game by originally written by id Software in 1993. It is considered a landmark title in the first-person shooter genre. It is widely recognized for its pioneering use of immersive 3D graphics, networked multiplayer gaming on the PC platform, and the support for players to create custom expansions (WADs). (Also used for other games) Large file for Doom game containing video, player level, and other information. It stands for: Where's All the Data? The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: In te rn al -W AD , He x: 4 9 57 4 1 44 , AS CI I: I WA D , P at ch -W AD , He x: 5 0 57 4 1 44 , AS CI I: P WA D , ASCII: W D W D Related links: WAD Editor, Dragon UnPACKer
- Gunman Chronicle Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Half Life (Texture File (Image or Map)) by Sierra Entertainment, Inc. This association is classified as Graphic. Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Heretic Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Hexen Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Programming Library
- Quake Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
You are viewing 7 of 10 entries click this link to expand the remaining entries
- Theme Park World ArchiveRelated links: Dragon UnPACKer
- WAD Manager (Wii Channel Archive) by WaninkokoThe Wii is the fifth home video game console released by Nintendo. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. WAD Manager is a program that installs or uninstalls WAD files that are found in the WAD folder in the root of the SD card or USB drive for the Wii. It works with the reset button or Wiimote controls. The WAD file is an archive that contains files to install Wii Channels, Virtual Console games, and WiiWare games. [This homebrew application will brick your Wii if you misuse it!] This association is classified as Archive.Related links: WiiBrew Homebrew Wiki, USB Gecko Wii Coders Tool
- WAD3 (Game Data) This association is classified as Game. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 57 41 44 33 , ASCII: WAD3
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries
, unused processes and other slowdown issues.