Notes about the MDX file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The MDX file type is primarily associated with 'Borland Database Engine' by Borland Software Corporation. Usually pair with a .DBF file of the same name.
Detailed information for file extension MDX:
Other applications associated with file type MDX:
- dBASE IV Multiple Index Related links: File Structure
- Label Pro (Re-Index) by Avery
- MDict (Dictionary File) by Octopus Studio[Chinese link] MDict is a multi-language dictionary under WinCE for PDAs. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 00 00 , ASCII:
- MidiEx (MIDI System Exclusive Dump)A variety of MIDI applications support MDX raw dumps. They are the same as sysex "*.SYX" files. This association is classified as Audio.
- Rational XDE (Model) by IBMModel file as created by any of the Rational XDE editions/versions. This association is classified as XML.
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.