Notes about the STY file extension:
To open this file type, a required software must be installed. Without it you only see a Windows message "The following file cannot be opened
" (Windows 7) or "How do you want to open this file?
" (Windows 10) if you double-click the file. There click on "More apps"
and choose a suitable software to view such files on your PC or from email attachments.
The STY file type is primarily associated with 'Band-in-a-Box' by PG Music, Inc.. Band-in-a-Box is a music generation application. Just type in the chords to any song (like C or Fm7b5), choose a musical style from the hundreds available, and click the [Play] button. Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a full backing arrangement including RealDrums and RealTracks.
Detailed information for file extension STY:
Other applications associated with file type STY:
- DirectMusic (Style) by Microsoft Corporation The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 52 49 46 46 , ASCII: RIFF , and , Hex (position 7): 00 44 4D 53 54 73 74 79 68 0C 00 00 00 , ASCII: .DMSTstyh Related links: Microsoft Info
- Genesis 2000 by Genesis 2000, Inc.Genesis 2000 offers a line of mortgage software and services to assist mortgage professionals.
- LaTeX (Style File)
- Micrografx Picture Publisher Print Style
- Style Sheet
- Ventura Publisher (Style Sheet) by Corel Corporation The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: D0 CF 11 E0 A1 B1 1A E1
- Word for DOS (Style Sheet) by Microsoft CorporationWord for DOS 1.0 through 5.5 had a separate style sheet file with this extension. A document would be associated with this file rather than having embedded styles in the document. Only direct formatting was embedded.
You are viewing 7 of 8 entries click this link to expand the remaining entries
- Yamaha (General Style) by Yamaha Corporation of AmericaThis file type is used by the Tyros2 and other high-end Yamaha keyboards. This association is classified as Audio. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 4D 54 68 64 , ASCII: MThd
'Identifying characters' used on FILExt.com are
provided by Marco Pontello from his TrID database
To change file associations press Windows Key
and then Apps and Features
> Default apps
> Choose default apps by file type
Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC.