Notes about the VOL file extension:
Incorrect file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your PC system. As such it is highly recommended to scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other unfavourable system settings to identify slowdown issues.
The VOL file type is primarily associated with 'Earth Siege 2 Archive'.
Detailed information for file extension VOL:
Primary association: Earth Siege 2 Archive
Other applications associated with file type VOL:
- FreeOTFE (Volume File) by Sarah DeanFreeOTFE is a free, open source, on-the-fly transparent disk encryption program for PCs and PDAs. Using this software, you can create one or more virtual disks on your PC/PDA. These disks operate exactly like a normal disk, with the exception that anything written to one of them is transparently, and securely, encrypted before being stored on your computer's hard drive. The volume file contains the encrypted disk image. FreeOTFE volume files can be of any size, and the encrypted data they contain cannot be distinguished from random data. Although these files normally use the extension .vol, they can have any file name and extension. Related links: Wikipedia FreeOTFE Page
- Giants: Citizen Kabuto (Archive) by Planet Moon Studios Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Tribes 2 (Game File) by Sierra This association is classified as Game. Related links: Planet Tribes
- Tribes Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
- Tribes Extreme Archive Related links: Dragon UnPACKer
Important: Invalid file associations could be the result of underlying issues within your Windows PC. It is highly recommended that you scan your PC for invalid registry entries, unused processes and other slowdown issues.
To view technical data on file-extension VOL click this link
to expand/hide the additional area.
System Info for File Extension .VOL
The following listing is compiled from the database produced by the 'Associate This!' program, selected data from the main FILExt database and information FILExt collected directly
from user systems.
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\Utimaco\Safeguard Privatedisk\pdisk.exe %1
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\Dragon UnPACKer 5\drgunpack5.exe
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\IBM ThinkVantage\Safeguard Privatedisk\pdisk.exe